Pink Noise Projects is pleased to announce the opening of our application period for the Pink Noise Projects (PNP) Winter Residency Program, which will run from December 15, 2022 to February 5, 2023. Applicants can apply to be PNP’s winter artist-in-residence, utilizing our gallery space to advance projects, research, or other types of creative activity.
Our winter artist-in-residence will have full access to our gallery space in the Rollins Building at 319 N. 11th Street (2nd Floor), Philadelphia, PA for their approved residency duration, which includes support from PNP collective members and proximity to all that the Callowhill neighborhood has to offer. Our winter artist-in-residence will also be invited to showcase the projects they completed during their residency during a First Friday presentation on February 3, 2023.
In the context of ongoing development projects throughout our city that are displacing artists, PNP is invested in offering our space as a resource for artists, creatives, and other practitioners who are struggling to find affordable studio space in Philadelphia. We hope to provide a space for reflection and create new opportunities for creativity, connection, and contemplation within our arts community.
The winter resident will be responsible for bringing in all of their own materials and equipment and leaving the space as they found it (which includes patching and painting the gallery, plus any other necessary work to recover the space). The resident may use the space as an incubator for new work, a place to continue to work on existing or in-progress bodies of work, a space to invite guests for studio visits, or as a setting for small group gatherings to celebrate your work. We have found that past artists-in-residence have enjoyed utilizing our space to advance their work and ideas.
Those eligible to apply include visual artists working in any medium, writers, curators, and anyone who considers themselves a creative thinker and producer.
Ready to apply?
Please prepare the following documents in your proposal packet:
- Your Name with preferred contact information and pronouns
- Your Website and/or IG handle
- (5) examples of your creative work (images, text, or links to other media)
- (1) paragraph describing your work conceptually and/or your process
- (1) paragraph describing how you will use PNP’s gallery space over the duration of your residency and your goal at the completion of the residency
- List what kinds of materials and equipment will you be bringing into the space (use bullet points)
- Feel free to include anything else you think we should know, and/or any questions you may have that weren’t otherwise answered. (Prior to applying, you can also email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please package this proposal document as a single PDF. Make sure to save your document as “Your Last Name_Your First Name_Winter22.” Submit your application packet via email at email@example.com
Please also submit a nonrefundable $10 application fee via PayPal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application period opens November 15 and closes December 3. The accepted applicant will be notified no later than December 8 via email. The winter residency program will run from December 15 to February 5.